Mental Health Awareness Training for Managers – London 22nd March 2017
The course will enable managers to understand the link between mental wellbeing and mental ill health and the impact this can have on performance.
The course content will support managers in recognising the behavioural and emotional indicators which may be associated with mental ill health. This will include building alertness and confidence and providing practical tools and strategies they can use with individuals and teams.
Legal and organisational obligations of psychological risk management will form an important framework to all the content.
Price is £395 plus Vat, this includes a workbook on the day. Lunch and refreshments are also provided.
Mental Health Topics Covered
- Considering the corrosive nature of mental health stigma in the workplace
- Recognising that personal perceptions of mental illness can impact on interventions with others
- Reviewing the mental health continuum and appreciating the position and movement of others
- Understand the nature of some common mental health conditions and how they may manifest
Raising awareness of the psychological health spectrum:
- Pressure > stress > mental wellbeing > mental ill health > burnout crisis
- The effects of “stress” on the body
Focus on the following conditions and their workplace implications:
- Anxiety and associated conditions
- Acute stress disorder, OCD, PTSD
- Depression & crisis
- Self-harming behaviours & eating disorder
Positive recovery management:
- Communication with individuals who are absent from the workplace
- Supporting mental wellbeing recovery and return to work process
- Preparing staff to support other colleagues
Discussion topics will include:
- Creating psychologically robust working environments
- Case studies to illustrate the mental health continuum
- Active Listening skills, intervention structures and opening dialogue
- Responding confidently and directly to mental health crisis and talk of suicide
- Appreciating the importance of building positive relationships giving empathy and not sympathy
Each delegate will receive a comprehensive course workbook for future reference.
At the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
The Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel is ideally located in Belgravia, central London.
The price of this one-day course includes a restaurant lunch, tea, coffee, and biscuits. The training room has natural daylight and state of the art audio visual equipment along with complimentary wireless internet access for all delegates.
Location Map :
Trainer: Christine Clark
In 2014 Christine Clark was voted Exemplary Trainer of the House of Lords MHFA Champion Awards. Christine combines her workplace experience with two decades of providing bespoke programmes to organisations in Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention.
Christine strongly believes in the importance of promoting positive manager behaviours as well as ensuring that managers are equipped with the correct competencies to support teams.
Christine was one of the first trainers in the UK to deliver Stress and Mental Health Awareness training for the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
This one-day open course is being held at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Wednesday 22nd March 2017, 9.30am to 5.00pm
Price is £395 plus Vat, this includes workbook on the day. Lunch and refreshments are also provided.
Booking and payment can be made using the link to the Eventbrite booking system here or by calling 01383 622002 during office hours. We can also raise an invoice for your organisation.
Please note there will be a maximum of 12 delegates on this course and bookings are only confirmed once payment has been made.
We will be in touch with specific joining instructions at least 2 weeks before the training course date.
Terms and Conditions
By booking an event with In Equilibrium you accept our Booking Terms and Conditions
The Eventbrite booking system accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards. If you are making payment by telephone we can accept all major credit cards. We do not store any credit card details used for payment. Fees are subject to VAT where applicable, which applies to all delegates attending UK courses. Course fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. Courses will be charged at the price shown on the website at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change course fees without notice.
You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge at any time, just let us know.
If you cancel 30 or more days before the event, we will provide a 50% refund of the fee. No refunds are available for cancellations made less than 30 days before the event, or for no-shows. Cancellation charges apply for all cancellations including those due to illness. Cancellations must be received in writing via our contact page and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
Changes to Services
In the event of the course not going ahead for any reason, In Equilibrium will inform you as soon as possible and we will refund you immediately on cancellation.
In Equilibrium will not be responsible for any consequential loss of expense incurred by the candidates including (but not limited to) any prepaid travel expenses or hotel costs.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our open courses, please contact Alastair Taylor on 0845 548 8054 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Mental Health Awareness Training for Managers
- Mental Health Awareness Training for all Employees
- Mental Health First Aid LITE
What people say about In Equilibrium
“We found the training really interesting and inspiring, probably the best training session we have ever had.”
“Christine’s training has really motivated us to make necessary changes, mainly in the working environment but personal ones too.”