Tag Archives: Resources for Managers
With this year’s Mental Health Awareness week (8 – 14 May) exploring how we can cultivate good mental health, we’ve aimed to focus our Spring 2017 edition around this year’s theme of “Surviving or Thriving”.
• In Equilibrium News – including details of our new “Dealing with Difficult Behaviours” training course
• Stress Tip – a tip which may quickly help dispel your negative thoughts about a stressful problem
• Ask the Expert – our trainer, Karen Barr, explains why you should choose an accredited mindfulness teacher
• Resources – links to two helpful mental health in the workplace resources
• And finally – an article title which you wouldn’t expect us to feature … read it to see why we have!
• In Equilibrium News – includes our early 2017 open course dates and a summary of our director, Jan Lawrence’s highlights from this year’s CIPD Conference
• Stress Tip – a tip which suggests some ‘pick and mix’ strategies to counterbalance the stresses and anxieties in your life
• Ask the Expert – Martin Faiers offers advice to an employee who is struggling with negative feelings and high levels of anxiety in a changing workplace
• Resources – links to both a series of short videos on mental health at work and the Eisenhower Matrix time management tool
This article briefly introduces the dual continuum model of mental health and mental illness, highlighting how our training in Mental Health Awareness for Managers includes a new continuum model which incorporates the important dimensions of stigma and personal resilience.