Bullying – Customised Training
1 Day Course
If the courses in this section are of interest but you would prefer a more tailored content incorporating examples that are individual to your organisation, we are experienced and happy to work towards your desired outcome with you.
Alternatively, we can create harassment and bullying at work training courses from scratch specifically designed to help you to achieve your business goals.
Here are some examples of our experience in these areas:
- We developed a course for a National Packaging Company where most of the delegates were employed within a manufacturing/shop floor environment. A specific role play exercise was developed to highlight the ‘macho’ culture that prevailed. It was also necessary to incorporate references to the company’s policies into the training.
- For a recruitment agency, we incorporated aspects of the organisation’s ‘Mutual Respect Policy’ into the course workbook. References to the policy were also made during the training course. The discussion scenarios were designed to demonstrate the difference between bullying and assertive management of staff in an office environment.
- We were approached by a Government Executive Agency after the results of a staff survey, based on the HSE Stress Management Standards, revealed higher than acceptable instances of bullying. As a result we included a review of the organisational factors that may be contributing to a bullying culture into the training for managers. The Agency also requested that we incorporate established disciplinary procedures into the training content.
Your exact requirements
By discussing your exact requirements with us, we can also advise whether training is likely to be the most effective approach; it may be that coaching for one or two individuals, rather than sending them on a out-of-house course, may bring untold results. For example Coaching in the aftermath of bullying, resulted in one manager being referred to as a “changed person” within 6 months of having a grievance for bullying made against him.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
Please feel free to contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0131 476 5027 for an informal discussion about how we could best fulfill your requirements.
Alternatively, contact Alastair by e-mail: [email protected]
- Bullying in the Workplace: Be Aware!
- Bullying in the Workplace: Training for Managers
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviours
What people say about In Equilibrium
“I can look back on past situations and see that I could have been seen as bullying or harassing and can now reflect and improve myself”
“The whole session was very enjoyable and worthwhile and I will take all topics raised into my every day working life.”
“Have a better knowledge and understanding and how to deal with it in an effective manner”
“I found all aspects beneficial and presented very well”
“”When I came onto the course I was 100% I was not a bully but now looking at things differently, sometimes possibly I am”
“Very educational and instructive and tools to use in the work place”
“Breaking down Bullying, Harassment and Victimisation makes you reflect on what you see and do””