Adult Mental Health First Aid Course
In the same way as we learn physical first aid, mental health first aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial early warning signs of mental ill health. Everyone on an Adult MHFA course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issues. Each MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
- Course Duration: 2 days (12 hours)
- Course Capacity: 16 delegates max
- Availability: throughout the UK
Who Is It For?
This training is suitable for anyone in the workplace. Enlightened employers are now highlighting both physical and mental health first aiders in the same way.
The MHFA course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid Skills:
Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression
Depression and suicidal crisis
Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
Psychosis, schizophrenia ad bipolar disorder
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources. When the course is completed, delegates will receive a certificate to confirm that they are a training Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aid Lite
Mhfa Lite is a 3 hour introductory mental health awareness course. Some organisations will encourage all employees to attend Lite and then some participants will progress to the full 2 day award. Click here for details of the Mhfa Lite 3 hour course
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0131 476 5027 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Mental Health Awareness Training for Managers
- Mental Health Awareness Training for all Employees
- Mental Health First Aid LITE
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- SafeTALK Suicide Alertness for Everyone
What people say about In Equilibrium
“”The Trainer was brilliant – extremely knowledgeable, had lots of examples of experience and was really engaging – I wanted to know more. The course has really helped me understand some of the behaviours of individuals in my team and has given me the confidence and resources to help and support them in future.”
“I wish I had attended this training earlier in my career”