Mental Health First Aid LITE
One in four people will experience a mental health problem in the course of a year. The Mental Health First Aid Lite (mhfa Lite) introductory mental health awareness course enables participants to gain skills to recognise symptoms and support a person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
- Course Duration: 3 hours
- Course Capacity: 20 delegates max
- Availability: throughout the UK
Who Is It For?
This training is suitable for anyone in the workplace who wants to improve their mental health and emotional wellbeing awareness.
Mhfa Lite will teach participants to:
- Gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health.
- Work more effectively with people living with mental health problems.
- Identify discrimination and stigma.
- Define mental health and wellbeing and some mental ill-health problems.
- Relate to peoples’ experiences.
- Help support people with mental health problems.
- Understand strategies to look after their own mental health and wellbeing.
- Introduction Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health conditions
- Depression/anxiety disorders
- Self harm/Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and mental health
- Supporting People in distress
- Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
- Overview of other mhfa courses and further study
- Helpful resources
The course also introduces ALGEE – a unique memory tool that you can use to provide mental health first aid.
The training session will be a mix of presentation, group interaction and activities. The instructor provides a very safe learning environment and is trained to support delegates throughout the whole course.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a MHFA Lite manual and an attendance certificate from MHFA England.
Mental Health First Aid – 2 day course
Some organisations will encourage all employees to attend mhfa Lite and then some participants will progress to the full 2 day award.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0845 548 8054 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Mental Health Awareness Training for Managers
- Mental Health Awareness Training for all Employees
- Adult Mental Health First Aid Course
- SafeTALK Suicide Alertness for Everyone
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training