The Mindfulness Training Programme
Mindfulness provides us with a scientifically researched approach to managing stress, cultivating clarity and focus, improving relationships and increasing our personal effectiveness thereby improving the quality of our work/life balance.
This 16 hour programme, which can be delivered at times to suit your organisation, enables delegates to develop a core, sustainable mindfulness practice.
Mindfulness is a life skill which can deepen our sense of well-being. It is a way of paying attention to, and seeing clearly whatever is happening in our present moment experience. It teaches us to live in the present, and develop a strong sense of personal awareness and resilience rather than operating from an ‘automatic pilot’ in which we are constantly reacting to people and events.
Learning to be mindful will not eliminate all life’s pressures, but it can help us respond to them in a calmer way that benefits us.
Who Is It For?
Mindfulness is suitable for anyone in an organisation who wishes to enhance their personal effectiveness and general sense of wellbeing.
A standard Mindfulness course consists of approximately 16 hours of tutor led delivery, this allows delegates the time to embed the key mindfulness techniques into their daily lives and develop a core, sustainable mindfulness practice.
The 16 hours can be delivered in any of the following ways:
- 8 x 2 hours, weekly sessions
- 6 x 3 hour, weekly sessions (including a short break)
- 4 x 4 hour, fortnightly sessions (including a longer break)
- 4 x 4 hour, monthly sessions (including a longer break)
The courses can be delivered at a time suitable for delegates.
Key Benefits - Individual
- Reduces stress and creates higher levels of well-being
- Changes our brain waves, leading to improved cognitive flexibility and creativity
- Increases personal awareness which enhances emotional regulation
- Greater compassion for self and others; enhanced empathy for others
- Increases concentration and reduces distraction
- Induces calmness and peacefulness in difficult situations
- Increases serotonin levels which influence mood and behaviour. Low serotonin is associated with depression, headaches and insomnia
- Leads to greater tolerance and increases personal resilience
- Reduces insomnia
- Increases blood flow and slows heart rate
- Helps to manage pain
Key Benefits - Organisational
- Improves cognitive flexibility and ability to focus
- Improves concentration and creativity
- Reduced cost of staff absenteeism from stress, illness and injury
- Enhances employee job satisfaction
- Improves productivity and overall organisational culture
- Increases employee engagement
- Enhances client and employer/employee relationships
Indicative programme content for 8 x 2 hours weekly sessions
Week 1 – Intention & Motivation
- What is Mindfulness
- Understanding the benefits of Mindfulness
- The importance of intention and motivation
- Beginning to settle the mind
Week 2 – Connecting with our Body
- The power of embodiment and being attuned to our body
- The Body Scan
- The importance of kindness and how it fits with Mindfulness
- The practice of kindness
Week 3 – Settling, Grounding, Resting, Support
- Full mindfulness meditation
- The practice of settling, grounding, resting and support
- The pleasant events diary
- The benefits of acceptance
Week 4 – Distraction
- How to work with distraction
- Walking meditation
- Using sound as support
- Mid way reflection
Week 5 – Understanding the Undercurrent
- What is the undercurrent?
- Working with the undercurrent
- Introducing loving kindness
- Loving kindness practice
Week 6 – Working with the Observer
- What is the observer?
- Working with the undercurrent and the observer
- Demands and resources – how do we manage them
- Circle of allies practice
Week 7 – Self Acceptance
- Untwist your thinking
- Compassion and self-compassion
- The Self Compassion break
- Review of core practices
Week 8 – Living a Mindful Life
- Recap of formal and informal practices
- Renewing our intention and motivation
- Building our Mindfulness practice at work and home
- Final course review
Optional Follow-up emails
To help embed the knowledge learned on the day we can provide delegates with follow-up emails revisiting the areas covered on the programme and signposting where to find further information and resources.
- Read our blog post about the experience and qualifications of our Mindfulness Trainers here.
- Read the Mindful Nation UK report here
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0845 548 8054 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Mindfulness Training for Performance and Wellbeing
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Developing Personal Resilience Training
What people say about In Equilibrium
“I will use the techniques to introduce mindfulness into my daily routine. Recommend highly this workshop to others”
“This workshop cannot be too highly recommended.”