Course Expectations and Learning Outcomes: Developing Personal Resilience
What will you do differently as a result of this workshop? In the words of the delegates …
In our first article, we summarised ‘before and after’ comments from our Stress Management for Managers training course. The information below relates to our Developing Personal Resilience, 1 day training course
These comments were made by delegates who attended in-house training courses delivered by our specialist Trainers in Resilience. The feedback was taken from online evaluations, so delegates had the opportunity to review the effectiveness of the training before making their comments.
Key messages from delegates’ comments:
The majority of delegates attended the training course to learn new resilience skills to help them cope with workplace challenges.
As a result of the training, delegates have commented that they will place more importance on self care in challenging times; consider appropriate boundaries and will modify their approach and regulate their emotions when faced with difficult situations. In summary, the comments indicate that they feel more confident to deal with setbacks and change in the workplace.
Throughout this training course, delegates will focus on learning new resilience skills, through interactive exercises, to improve their ability to deal with workplace challenges. Delegates will be encouraged to build on their existing resilience skills and consider more positive approaches to difficult situations.
Why did you want to attend this workshop?
- To develop my personal resilience due to working in such a busy and physically and emotionally challenging service.
- To learn more about trying to build up a personal resilience to work/life issues.
- I have many clients who have faced many traumas and I was looking for more skills to try and empower the clients to cope.
- I have been looking for a course in developing resilience for a while. Wanted to develop skills to handle a variety of situations.
- To improve my own personal resilience and also to be able to pass on tips to my client group.
- To assist with dealing with challenging situations.
- To get a better understanding of the course to recommend to managers/employees.
- To help build my resilience to conflict and negativity.
- Wanted to learn resilience techniques for handling tough situations better & not dwell.
What will you do differently as a result of this workshop?
- I wanted to attend the course as my work situation is very demanding at this time and stressful because of changes that are happening. It has reminded/given me some essential self-care skills that will support me through these changes.
- Find better ways to keep on top of my moods, emotions and control my stress levels.
- Be aware of the different elements of resilience and how I can improve upon specific areas.
- Will set my own personal and professional boundaries better.
- Look more closely at my work practice and put in place certain plans to support myself and my resilience.
- Feel more confident about my own choices as part of my working.
- I will stop trying to please everybody, I will set boundaries & attempt to stay calm under pressure. I will listen to & try to understand other people’s point of view.
- I will try to remember every setback is also a learning opportunity.
- In general, what I am learning to do is walk away from difficult situations and returning to them with a different frame of mind. I am having a different attitude to customers and dealing with them differently .
- Start taking care of myself by keeping myself emotionally healthy.
- I will try and learn from the different aspects from the course and how to possibly approach things differently
- Think and react more positively; take time to look after self as well as others; recognise my achievements; use the various tools and techniques to embrace and challenge change.
- Try to set aside the bad things in life and look for the positive more.
- I am working on finding a different way of dealing with the issues I am experiencing at work.
- Deal with the issues I have been going through more quickly so they don’t stay on my mind as much.
- Learned techniques for dealing with difficult situations & looking at things from a different perspective.