Learn mindfulness and how it can support you in your role as a manager. Practise mindfulness to manage uncertainty and adversity.
A workplace full of distractions is becoming the norm for many of us in the current climate, and the ability to step back and focus on what is most important is an invaluable skill.
Research has shown that training in mindfulness can help with maintaining attention, and over time, meditation practice can improve the capacity to disengage from mind wandering.
Being able to focus the attention for more extended periods is linked to feelings of happiness as well as improvements in fluid intelligence and the ability to think outside the box.
Mindfulness for Managers
Those who practise mindfulness describe it as 'being fully in the moment' or 'knowing what is happening, while it is happening, no matter what'. It is about learning to live in the present and becoming more awake and alive to our day to day experiences and emotions, rather than operating from an ‘automatic pilot' where we are constantly reacting to circumstances and situations.
Learning to be mindful will not eliminate all life's pressures, but it can help us respond to them in a calmer way that benefits us and those around us. Mindfulness provides us with a scientifically researched approach to managing stress, cultivating clarity and focus, improving relationships and increasing our personal effectiveness. Mindfulness techniques can improve our capacity for understanding ourselves and the people we work with and thereby enhancing our ability to manage others.
On this short course, you will:
- understand mindfulness and how it can support your role as a manager
- review and practise mindfulness techniques
- recognise how emotional intelligence and neuroscience help us to understand ourselves and others
- understand how boundaries can promote enhanced interaction with others
- achieve a greater capacity for tolerance within the workplace
- demonstrate a more resilient approach to stressful situations
- learn to practise mindfulness to manage uncertainty and adversity
Who should attend?
The Mindfulness for Managers course is suitable for anyone whose role involves being a people manager or supporting others.
Trainer: Karen Barr
Following many years at a senior level in the ICT sector working for global organisations, Karen, through her passion for personal growth and organisational transformation, changed career to become a certified trainer and executive coach. Karen’s main areas of training are Stress Management and Mindfulness.
Karen has worked with a variety of organisations, in both the public and private sectors and has experienced first-hand how personal development training can change the culture of an organisation by promoting wellbeing in individuals, allowing them to reduce stress, increase resilience, improve focus and develop stronger interpersonal relationships.
Karen also delivers courses in Leadership, Presentation Skills, Negotiation Skills, Assertiveness Training, Selling Skills and Business Processes. She is an Associate Lecturer at Napier University, an NXD of Advocard, an Edinburgh charity that provides advocacy services for people with mental ill-health, and is current Members Secretary of the Edinburgh Businesswomen’s Club.
- MSc Mindfulness
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Accredited Coach
- Accredited Trainer
- NLP Practitioner
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy
Delegate feedback after attending Karen's mindfulness training:
“We all thoroughly enjoyed it and have been speaking about it since we came back to work! We each got so much from the course, and it affected us all differently. It was a total success.”
“Karen Barr was fantastic, you can see that she enjoys what she does and is very knowledgeable in her field. Karen made the day enjoyable, made everyone participate, comfortably.
For over 20 years In Equilibrium have been delivering cutting edge training and consultancy to organisations throughout the UK. We specialise in practical, evidence-based training aimed at developing resilience, minimising the risk of stress and enhancing well-being in the workplace. Both our in-house and open courses are delivered by experienced trainers who are subject experts within their field and deliver their training with enthusiasm and sensitivity, a combination delegate feedback confirms is appreciated.
Contact us on 01383 324 122 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
By booking an event with In Equilibrium you accept our Booking Terms and Conditions
- Payment Options Fees are subject to VAT where applicable, which applies to all delegates attending UK courses. Course fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. Courses will be charged at the price shown on the website at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change course fees without notice.
- Substitute delegates You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge at any time, just let us know.
- Cancellations If you cancel 7 or more days before the event, we will provide a full refund of the training course fee, which excludes the Eventbrite booking fee, as this is non-refundable. No refunds are available for cancellations made less than 7 days before the event, or for no-shows. Cancellation charges apply for all cancellations including those due to illness. Cancellations must be received in writing via email to email@example.com and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
- Changes to Services In the event of the course not going ahead for any reason, In Equilibrium will inform you as soon as possible and we will refund you immediately on cancellation. In Equilibrium will not be responsible for any consequential loss of expense incurred by the candidates.
- Joining Instructions Once your booking has been confirmed we will be in touch with specific joining instructions for the training course.
- For full terms and conditions please see terms and conditions page at https://www.in-equilibrium.co.uk/terms-conditions