Tips to Motivate Employees in an Economic Downturn
It has never been more important for organisations to develop an engaged, motivated and committed workforce. Effective leadership and motivation is key. The following tips will help you motivate employees:
- Lead them – provide a positive example, act as a role model
- Be visible – walk round, hold meetings, speak in small groups
- Communicate! This is key to staff motivation. Share information with them
- Clearly articulate targets, goals and milestones
- Make an effort to get to know your team – find out what motivates them
- Consider what motivates you!
- Be attuned to individual needs
- Become ‘Emotionally Intelligent’
- Create a comfortable working environment
- Keep up to date with their achievements and listen to their concerns
- Find out their strengths and what they enjoy doing.
- Give them new challenges and new responsibilities.
- Encourage new ideas and innovation.
- Praise them for good work
- Closely monitor health and well-being
- Manage change effectively