Sleep Well: Ending Your Battle with Sleep
90 minute Course
If you experience problems with sleep you are not alone. Research has found that 2 in 3 people have some regular difficulty with sleep whilst 1 in 3 suffer with chronic insomnia. Lack of sleep impacts our ability to perform well at work as we are less able to concentrate and to get things done due to lack of energy.
Sleep problems can also affect our relationships and overall wellbeing as we are more likely to experience low mood and are less able to tolerate stress. The good news is that the majority of sleep problems can be resolved by making simple lifestyle changes. This session will introduce you to some of the key approaches you can take to improve the quantity and quality of your sleep.
Some of the topics covered in this session are:
- Why good sleep is essential to our health and wellbeing
- Understanding our sleep rhythm and why it is easily disrupted
- What to do if you find it difficult to switch off from work
- The importance of diet and nutrition: find out which foods and nutrients aid good sleep and which are guaranteed to keep you awake and counting sheep
- The impact of technology on our wake-sleep rhythm and what we can do about it
- Strategies to calm an overactive mind and relax the body
- How to create ‘sleep rituals’ and a ‘sleep sanctuary’
Participants learn a range of strategies to improve both the quantity and quality of their sleep. The interactive approach allows people to pinpoint and understand their personal triggers for poor sleep. They leave the session with a personalised and practical step-by-step strategy for addressing their unique sleep issues (a worksheet is provided which guides participants through this process).
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Availability: on-site, in London area.
Dawn Hamilton PhD has been supporting people to improve their work performance and wellbeing since 1997.
She has published three books on wellbeing (with HarperCollins) and shared nutritional and lifestyle advice in the media, including appearances on BBC, ITV, and articles in the national press and magazines.
Dawn is passionate about sharing what she has learned about improving sleep quality with as many people as possible so that they may respond to the challenges of modern life whilst remaining resilient, healthy and positive.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this short training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0845 548 8054 or
e-mail: [email protected]