Managers Managing Change
In the current changing business environment the ability to communicate and lead change whilst managing our own reactions is a key part of the management role. Having the confidence to engage with the change process in a positive and empowering way is important in influencing other’s perception of change.
- Duration: 1-day
- Capacity: 12 (for optimum benefit)
- Availability: All our courses are delivered in-house throughout the UK and Europe
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements
Who Is It For?
Any manager in any organisation would benefit from this course.
- Be able to engage with the change process in a positive and empowering way
- Learn practical tools to make potentially difficult situations easier for you and your team
- Continue to achieve positive outcomes during and immediately after the change programme
- Learn to recognise the drivers for change, the different types of change and the critical success factors so that appropriate action can be taken when required
- Develop an Action Plan and reflect on further development needs so that improvements continue to be made
- Why organisations need to change. What are the drivers for organisational change? What are the benefits?
- What are the critical success factors of successful organisational change management? How do we identify key stakeholders?
- What is the role of the manager in implementing and managing organisational change?
- The process of change and how to manage the transition from an individual, team and organisational perspective
- Introduction to a range of practical change management tools and processes e.g. Stakeholder Analysis and Force Field Analysis
- How people respond to change – the process and individual personalities and how to manage both
- Identifying sources of pressure and minimising the risk to self and others
- Preparing a Change Management Development Plan
- Course structure, purpose and objectives
The Need for Change
- Why do organisations need to change?
- What are the drivers for organisational change?
- What are the benefits?
- Critical success factors
The Managers Role in Managing Change
- Characteristics of a Learning Organisation
- Management skills required
- Managing change in a team
Managing the Transition
- Individual, team and organisational perspectives
- 7 stages of organisational change
- The Kubler Ross model
A Framework for Thinking about Change
- Different stages of the framework
- Factors to consider during the planning stage
Change Management Tools
- Force field analysis
- SWOT analysis
- PEST/PESTEL Analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
Sources of Pressure
- Consider the sources of pressure
- Recognising signs and symptoms of stress
- A pro-active approach to forecast and manage pressure
- Consider a structured approach to managing change
- Reflection on key learning points
- Preparing for change – a team development plan
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our Managers Managing Change training, please call us on 0131 476 5027 or drop an email to – [email protected]