This course is designed to offer managers a greater understanding of change and to introduce a range of practical change management tools which can be used to develop a change management development plan.
Why the Managers Managing Change course is so important
In today's business environment, the ability to communicate and lead change whilst managing our reactions is a vital part of the management role. Having the confidence to engage with the change process in a positive and empowering way is essential in influencing others' perceptions of change.
Key Benefits of attending this course
- Be able to engage with the change process in a positive and empowering way
- Learn practical tools to make potentially difficult situations easier for you and your team
- Continue to achieve positive outcomes during and immediately after the change programme
- Learn to recognise the drivers for change, the different types of change and the critical success factors so that appropriate action can be taken when required
- Develop an action plan and reflect on further development needs so that improvements continue to be made
Who would benefit from attending this course?
Any manager, in any organisation, would benefit from our "Managers Managing Change" course.
The course content and capacity can be customised for individuality and to ensure organisations’ specific learning criteria are met. Consultancy to manage change is also an option either as a standalone service or in conjunction with training.
- Why organisations need to change. What are the drivers for organisational change? What are the benefits?
- What are the critical success factors of successful organisational change management? How do we identify key stakeholders?
- What is the role of the manager in implementing and managing organisational change?
- The process of change and how to manage the transition from an individual, team and organisational perspective
- Introduction to a range of practical change management tools and processes e.g. stakeholder analysis and force field analysis
- How people respond to change – the process and individual personalities and how to manage both
- Identifying sources of pressure and minimising the risk to self and others
- Preparing a change management development plan
The course content includes:
- Course structure, purpose and objectives
The Need for Change
- Why do organisations need to change?
- What are the drivers for organisational change?
- What are the benefits?
- Critical success factors
The Managers Role in Managing Change
- Characteristics of a learning organisation
- Management skills required
- Managing change in a team
Managing the Transition
- Individual, team and organisational perspectives
- 7 stages of organisational change
- The Kübler Ross model
A Framework for Thinking about Change
- Different stages of the framework
- Factors to consider during the planning stage
Change Management Tools
- Force field analysis
- SWOT analysis
- PEST/PESTEL analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
Sources of Pressure
- Consider the sources of pressure
- Recognising signs and symptoms of stress
- A pro-active approach to forecast and manage pressure
- Consider a structured approach to managing change
- Reflection on key learning points
- Preparing for change – a team development plan
Related Training Courses
Using practical exercises, participants will gain the skills and knowledge to structure, measure and tune performance in their team environments. The need to manage team well-being is considered, along with approaches to accommodate this. Any supervisor, team leader or manager would benefit from attending this 1-day course.
Suitable for all, this 1-day course can also be run for specific groups and tailored to particular workplace scenarios. It is designed to increase awareness of motivational techniques and is a revealing insight into people’s needs and drives, and ways in which we can develop them to the best advantage of the individual, the team and the organisation.
Find out more
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions. We are always happy to talk about our courses and help you to work out the best match for your requirements.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"The quality of the training has been fantastic and our employees are really engaging with the trainer and getting something out of it. Also In Equilibrium makes the whole process very easy to arrange."
"We wanted to provide a course that taught useful and practical coping strategies that our members could put into place straight away. In Equilibrium’s experience showed us that they could provide this, and they tailored the course perfectly."
"In-Equilibrium recently presented Mental Health Awareness to Managers in all of our area offices. The training was really well received and all of the trainers were praised for their in-depth knowledge and understanding."
"The training was very well received by staff who now all intend to implement the session’s practical tips and techniques into their existing roles. A large proportion of the staff rated the facilitator and their delivery as excellent and their only recommendation was for a further and longer session!"
Recent articles on our blog....
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.