Managers Managing Change
In the current changing business environment the ability to communicate and lead change whilst managing our own reactions is a key part of the management role. Having the confidence to engage with the change process in a positive and empowering way is important in influencing other’s perception of change.
- Duration: 1-day
- Capacity: 12 (for optimum benefit)
- Availability: All our courses are delivered in-house throughout the UK and Europe
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements
Who Is It For?
Any manager in any organisation would benefit from this course.
- Be able to engage with the change process in a positive and empowering way
- Learn practical tools to make potentially difficult situations easier for you and your team
- Continue to achieve positive outcomes during and immediately after the change programme
- Learn to recognise the drivers for change, the different types of change and the critical success factors so that appropriate action can be taken when required
- Develop an Action Plan and reflect on further development needs so that improvements continue to be made
- Why organisations need to change. What are the drivers for organisational change? What are the benefits?
- What are the critical success factors of successful organisational change management? How do we identify key stakeholders?
- What is the role of the manager in implementing and managing organisational change?
- The process of change and how to manage the transition from an individual, team and organisational perspective
- Introduction to a range of practical change management tools and processes e.g. Stakeholder Analysis and Force Field Analysis
- How people respond to change – the process and individual personalities and how to manage both
- Identifying sources of pressure and minimising the risk to self and others
- Preparing a Change Management Development Plan
- Course structure, purpose and objectives
The Need for Change
- Why do organisations need to change?
- What are the drivers for organisational change?
- What are the benefits?
- Critical success factors
The Managers Role in Managing Change
- Characteristics of a Learning Organisation
- Management skills required
- Managing change in a team
Managing the Transition
- Individual, team and organisational perspectives
- 7 stages of organisational change
- The Kuber Ross model
A Framework for Thinking about Change
- Different stages of the framework
- Factors to consider during the planning stage
Change Management Tools
- Force field analysis
- SWOT analysis
- PEST/PESTEL Analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
Sources of Pressure
- Consider the sources of pressure
- Recognising signs and symptoms of stress
- A pro-active approach to forecast and manage pressure
- Consider a structured approach to managing change
- Reflection on key learning points
- Preparing for change – a team development plan