This 2-hour virtual course looks at the unique challenges to sleeping patterns presented by the Covid-19 crisis and concludes with action planned improvements to increase delegate's sleep effectiveness.
2020 has seen a surge in home working, driven by the COVID-19 pandemic. This has resulted in rising awareness of the importance of rest and sleep, particularly when the boundaries between work and life have become less clear. What is clear is that a tired workforce is also likely to be a less productive, less motivated one.
Coronasomnia is the new term used by some sleep experts to define difficulty sleeping as a result of the stress and anxiety caused by the current pandemic.
This workshop provides a space to discuss the issues around sleep, and to share best practice strategies to make a sustained improvement in the quantity and quality of sleep. It is a highly interactive workshop, including exercises, personal reflection and action planning.
The content will encompass self-help checklists, and best practice guidance from the HSE and NHS, tailored for the surge in home working during 2020 amid the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Introduction to sleep
- The importance of sleep
- Personal effectiveness
- Physical health & wellbeing
- Emotional health & wellbeing
- Mental health & wellbeing
- Impact of home-working on sleep
- The 4 sleep disorders and their impacts
- Identifying my own sleep habits
- Why don’t we sleep better?
- Habits, stress, lifestyle, health
- Sleep & fatigue management
- The basics
- Modifying habits
- Stress & relaxation techniques
- Technology & multi-tasking
- Solution-focused approaches
- Action planning & next steps
Trainer: Mark Eyre
Mark Eyre is an accomplished facilitator and coach, with over 25 years experience of working in both the public and private sectors. His background is Human Resources and Learning & Development.
As an In-Equilibrium consultant, Mark is particularly experienced in building organisational change capacity, and building resilience in managers and staff. This adds to his background in personal impact and influence, leadership with integrity, developing authentic behaviour and employee engagement.
In whatever capacity Mark operates, his prime focus is on enabling people to become the best they can be. He works collaboratively with clients, with a highly empathetic approach and good influencing skills.
Mark is a qualified coach through the Coaching Academy, as well as being a Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development. He regularly speaks at the Edinburgh CIPD circuit, on subjects related to his work. He recently spoke on BBC Radio Scotland on the subject of happiness at work, as part of the UN’s World Happiness Day.
For over 20 years In Equilibrium have been delivering cutting edge training and consultancy to organisations throughout the UK. We specialise in practical, evidence-based training aimed at developing resilience, minimising the risk of stress and enhancing well-being in the workplace. Both our in-house and open courses are delivered by experienced trainers who are subject experts within their field and deliver their training with enthusiasm and sensitivity, a combination delegate feedback confirms is appreciated.
Contact us on 01383 324 122 or email us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
By booking an event with In Equilibrium you accept our Booking Terms and Conditions
- Payment Options Fees are subject to VAT where applicable, which applies to all delegates attending UK courses. Course fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. Courses will be charged at the price shown on the website at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change course fees without notice.
- Substitute delegates You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge at any time, just let us know.
- Cancellations If you cancel 7 or more days before the event, we will provide a full refund of the training course fee, which excludes the Eventbrite booking fee, as this is non-refundable. No refunds are available for cancellations made less than 7 days before the event, or for no-shows. Cancellation charges apply for all cancellations including those due to illness. Cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
- Changes to Services In the event of the course not going ahead for any reason, In Equilibrium will inform you as soon as possible and we will refund you immediately on cancellation. In Equilibrium will not be responsible for any consequential loss of expense incurred by the candidates.
- Joining Instructions Once your booking has been confirmed we will be in touch with specific joining instructions for the training course.
- For full terms and conditions please see terms and conditions page at http://www.in-equilibrium.co.uk/open-courses-terms-conditions/