1 Day Course
To identify factors conducive to personal wellbeing; to understand how positive and negative emotions affect us; and how this knowledge can be used to reduce the risk of stress to both individuals and those they work with.
The positive relationship between personal wellbeing and performance is now unquestioned. Enthusiastic and committed individuals are more productive, creative and resilient – valuable qualities in today’s challenging and competitive environment.
Participants will learn how to identify factors conducive to personal wellbeing including optimism, meaningful activities, diet and social relationships. A key aspect of the course is the understanding of how positive and negative emotions affect us and how participants can use this knowledge to reduce the risk of stress for themselves and those they work with.
The course is designed to be a valuable but enjoyable learning experience. Those who have attended it in the past have said they left feeling positive and energised to take control of their personal wellbeing.
- Course Duration: 1-day course
- Course Capacity: 12 delegates max (for optimum benefit)
- Availability: All our courses are delivered in-house throughout the UK and Europe
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements
Who Is It For?
This is an empowering training course which combines up to date knowledge about health and wellbeing with research into positive psychology. The result is a potent blend of information on health and motivation which individuals at all levels of the organisation can use to enhance their personal wellbeing and performance.
- How to maintain and increase good health and wellbeing
- Recognising the warning signs of declining health and wellbeing
- Acquiring proven switching-off skills to relax and recover after work
- How to ensure a good night’s sleep
- Improve relationships generally and learn how to deal with toxic ones
- The importance of achieving a good work-life balance
- How to reduce the risk of stress-related-illness
An introduction to wellbeing
- Health & Energy versus lack of Stamina & Illness
- Recognising Conditions that Prevent Wellbeing
- High Achievers v Workaholics
Attitudes, relationships and emotions
- Emotions: Increase Positive & Decrease Negative
- The Two Family Concept – at Home & at Work
- Maximising Aptitudes for Work Wellbeing & Performance
Strategies to enhance wellbeing and performance
- Maximising the Present Moment and using the Flow State
- Fire-fighting versus Project Management & Achievement
- Exercise and Fitness and what Works for You
- Good Quality Sleep, Individual Needs & Power Napping
Preserving health and resilience
- Visualisation Techniques for Task & Skill Reinforcement
- Essential Nutrition for Energy, Health and Wellbeing
- Relaxation Techniques for Health and Wellbeing
- Book List for Wellbeing
In addition to the course workbook, each delegate will receive access to a Relaxation Techniques audio download. The primary purpose of this download is to enable people to completely switch off when they get home from work. It also introduces them to a variety of relaxation techniques covered during this course.
The Relaxation Techniques Audio Download contents:
- Breathing: slowing & deepening the breathing to slow down brain waves (like a car going from high revs to idling)
- Breathing & Relaxing the Muscles: muscles, especially neck, shoulders, back and limbs develop muscle tension as the day goes by
- Breathing for Energy (Paced Breathing): this exercise uses the diaphragm to circulate the lymph fluid to remove the waste products produced by cells
- Breathing & Walking: allows you to relax when walking to and from car, an appointment, a shop, etc. and also increases awareness of the Present Moment and slows down the perception of time
- The Inner Voice – accessing your beliefs and inner strength
- The Tropical Island – a 20 minute deep relaxation exercise to help you to switch off after work
- The Forest with the Balloon: a relaxation and offloading technique
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0131 476 5027 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Stress Management Techniques
- Sleep Well: Ending Your Battle With Sleep
- Mindfulness Training for Performance and Wellbeing
What people say about In Equilibrium
“I really enjoyed this delivery as David mixed the “formal” with anecdotes and true examples whilst allowing for questions. He is obviously learned and interested in the subject and he is an inspirational gentleman. “
“The course provided practical tools to help achieve a better sense of wellbeing.”
“I learned valuable techniques throughout.”
“The course reinforced things you don’t always think about.”
“Excellent trainer with very useful information.”
“Every aspect of Personal Well-Being was covered and the delegates left feeling in better control of their everyday lives”