This course helps managers understand and identify factors which affect the vulnerability of their staff and take practical action, using tools and frameworks, to minimise potential risks and enhance wellbeing and satisfaction in the workplace.
This course helps managers spot the early warning signs of increased vulnerability in their team members and proactively manage the risk of stress and mental ill health. It has been developed around a practical framework, that managers can use to improve the wellbeing of individuals who work for them.
The course covers the following four factors, each of which has an influence on an individual’s wellbeing at work:
- Their work pressures and demands
- Their individual characteristics e.g. personality, behaviours, preferences
- The characteristics of that individual’s line manager e.g. perceived management style, competences
- Their personal circumstances e.g. significant life events
The framework used in the course has been developed and refined to ensure it is easily understood and applied in the workplace setting. By focusing on positive actions to enhance wellbeing at work, participants have commented on how they feel more confident and energised after attending the course.
The course is highly interactive and contains a variety of group and individual exercises, including case studies, scenarios, questionnaires, group discussion, personal reflection and action planning.
- Encourages investment in improved working relationships between managers and their staff
- The training is positively focused and energising
- Increases awareness that wellbeing is affected by many factors which can be controlled
- Improving wellbeing and satisfaction at work enhances health in general, as well as overall performance
- Managers are equipped with practical tools and frameworks to identify risk and manage wellbeing in the workplace
Who Is It For?
Anyone who is responsible for others would benefit from Managing Wellbeing Training – Senior Managers, Line Managers, Team Leaders, HR, Health and Safety, Occupational Health, Trade Union Representatives.
The course content and capacity can be customised for individuality and to ensure organisations’ specific learning criteria are met. Consultancy to manage wellbeing is also an option either as a standalone service or in conjunction with training.
What are ‘wellbeing’ and ‘vulnerability’?
- Exploring factors that influence wellbeing
- Your personal wellbeing ‘inventory’ and action planning to boost wellbeing
- Introducing the ‘Managing Wellbeing Formula’ approach to risk management
- Case study exercise to examine factors that influence individual vulnerability and impact on the organisation
Effective Management of Work Pressures
- Understanding the link between work pressures and vulnerability
- Introduction to HSE categories of work pressures
- Using a work pressure profiling tool to proactively manage wellbeing at work
Taking account of employee characteristics and behaviours
- How employees’ characteristics and behaviours influence vulnerability
- Exercise: How well do you know the people you manage?
- Identifying practical strategies to enhance enjoyment and satisfaction at work
Management behaviours and their influence on satisfaction and wellbeing
- Increase awareness of the impact of your own characteristics, behaviours and reactions
- Exercise: How do you react?
- Practical strategies to manage your reactions and regulate behaviours to minimise risk
- Recognising and managing the risk of stress in your team
Managing increased vulnerability caused by ‘circumstances’
- Understand impact of circumstances and making reasonable adjustments
- Exploring actions to create a climate of openness and trust
- Scenarios exercises: examples of how circumstances can increase vulnerability and how support/adjustments can minimise risk to wellbeing
Bringing it all together
- Reflect on learning and develop realistic action plan to enhance wellbeing
- Overview of the Managing Wellbeing resources download and how this can help with ongoing personal development
A testimonial for the Managing Wellbeing Training Course:
"Valuable and well received by both managers and individuals. The content included a good mix of theory and practical discussion and the workbooks and other resources are useful materials which will help in the future.”
Related Training Courses
Half-day course which enables participants to understand the meaning of stress and how to differentiate it from pressure. A toolkit of stress management techniques and exercises is provided for delegates to take away, so they can practise those which work best for them.
A practical and engaging one-day course on which delegates will learn to recognise the signs and sources of stress; assess their wellbeing and work-life balance; understand the importance of individual factors such as perception; and discover how to apply relevant coping strategies. Exercises are included which delegates will benefit from re-visiting after attending the course.
A practical and interactive one-day course which looks at the signs of stress and its risk implications. By the end of the day, participants will be able to discuss individual team members' stress triggers with them and agree individual strategies which can then be reviewed at a later date.
Find out more
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
We are always happy to talk about our courses and help you to work out the best match for your requirements.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"The quality of the training has been fantastic and our employees are really engaging with the trainer and getting something out of it. Also In Equilibrium makes the whole process very easy to arrange."
"We wanted to provide a course that taught useful and practical coping strategies that our members could put into place straight away. In Equilibrium’s experience showed us that they could provide this, and they tailored the course perfectly."
"In-Equilibrium recently presented Mental Health Awareness to Managers in all of our area offices. The training was really well received and all of the trainers were praised for their in-depth knowledge and understanding."
"The training was very well received by staff who now all intend to implement the session’s practical tips and techniques into their existing roles. A large proportion of the staff rated the facilitator and their delivery as excellent and their only recommendation was for a further and longer session!"
Recent articles on our blog....
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.