This course enables delegates to:
identify signs of stress in their team members;
discuss the employee’s stress triggers with them;
and agree individual strategies to be reviewed at a later date.
"A more 'human' approach to the subject as opposed to a guidance and risk assessment document as a more 'academic' exercise."
How will managers benefit from this training?
They will learn:
- how to meet the legal and HSE compliance responsibilities
- what stress is and the risk implications for employees and the organisation
- to identify signs of stress at an early stage
- how to create the right climate of psychological safety to encourage open discussion about stress
- to consider how their behaviour impacts the risk of stress
- frameworks and practical approaches/tools that they can use to facilitate conversations about stress
- how to support others through practising their approach using scenarios based on real life
- the importance of action planning now, and taking steps as soon as possible to reduce the risk of stress
- how to access further support and resources, including techniques to manage their own stress
The training provided on the Stress Management Training for Managers course is very practical and uses a number of specially developed diagnostic and proactive tools to minimise the effect of stressful situations on both people and the organisation. The content is regularly updated to encompass changes in stress-related legislation and HSE initiatives.
The course is highly interactive and contains a variety of group and individual exercises; including case studies, scenarios, personal reflection and action planning. Delegates have the opportunity to discuss situations they are confident with and others that challenge them and share best practice strategies for managing and reducing stress.
Who Is It For?
The Stress Management Training for Managers course has been specifically developed to meet the needs of organisations that have recognised the crucial role managers, supervisors and team leaders play in the reduction and prevention of work-related stress.
The course content and capacity can be customised for individuality and to ensure organisations’ specific learning criteria are met. Consultancy in stress management is also an option either as a standalone service or in conjunction with training.
A testimonial for the Stress Management Training for Managers Course:
"Staff members who have attended the course have achieved a number of learning objectives, including, actionable tools to proactively manage stress, stress identification and prevention techniques; and a greater understanding of sources of stress.
This is a highly informative, engaging and practical training course that we would recommend to anyone who manages people.”
BMT Group Ltd.
- Course structure, objectives and delegate expectations
Section 1 – Stress Awareness
- How stress relates to and is different to pressure
- Early identification of stress and stress-related problems
- Stress and the law, including HSE Management Standards
- Case study
- Work pressure profiling tool
Section 2 – Proactive Stress Management
- Creating a good climate
- The CUSP™ framework for stress prevention
- Stress prevention exercise and debrief
- HSE/CIPD Stress management competency indicator tool
Section 3 – Reactive Stress Risk Management
- Customised scenarios, that can cause stress; how to reduce the risk
- Individual stress risk assessment and management
Section 4 – Bringing it all together
- How to use the workbook and online resources on an ongoing basis
- Personal action planning
Related Training Courses
Half-day course which enables participants to understand the meaning of stress and how to differentiate it from pressure. A toolkit of stress management techniques and exercises is provided for delegates to take away, so they can practise those which work best for them.
A practical and engaging one-day course on which delegates will learn to recognise the signs and sources of stress; assess their wellbeing and work-life balance; understand the importance of individual factors such as perception; and discover how to apply relevant coping strategies. Exercises are included which delegates will benefit from re-visiting after attending the course.
A selection of training courses to improve various people skills, including communication, tolerance to change, leadership and teamwork. These courses are delivered by our specialist trainers using experiential exercises, questionnaires, videos and interactive trainer-led discussions.
Find out more
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
We are always happy to talk about our courses and help you to work out the best match for your requirements.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"The quality of the training has been fantastic and our employees are really engaging with the trainer and getting something out of it. Also In Equilibrium makes the whole process very easy to arrange."
"We wanted to provide a course that taught useful and practical coping strategies that our members could put into place straight away. In Equilibrium’s experience showed us that they could provide this, and they tailored the course perfectly."
"In-Equilibrium recently presented Mental Health Awareness to Managers in all of our area offices. The training was really well received and all of the trainers were praised for their in-depth knowledge and understanding."
"The training was very well received by staff who now all intend to implement the session’s practical tips and techniques into their existing roles. A large proportion of the staff rated the facilitator and their delivery as excellent and their only recommendation was for a further and longer session!"
Recent articles on our blog....
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.