Learn skills to look after your mental health while working remotely and build resilience to handle adversity, high demands and uncertainty.
Restrictions in the workplace because of COVID-19 and increased home working can lead to people feeling overwhelmed, stressed and worried about the future. Working from home, whilst more convenient for some, may leave others feeling isolated, anxious and struggling with a work/life balance and boundaries. These feelings could lead to more serious mental health problems, so it is important that people explore new coping mechanisms to face the challenges of changes in their working routine.
During this training course, delegates will learn how emotion regulation and building resilience can help them cope with pressure, stress, adversity and uncertainty. They will learn practical skills to ensure they remain mentally healthy and productive whilst working from home.
The course is delivered by an experienced facilitator and has been designed to be fun, engaging and evidence based. Sessions will include practical exercises, stories, games, discussion, creative thinking and problem-solving exercises along with plenty of group working and opportunity to reflect and consider how this learning can be applied.
- Increased ability to manage uncertainty
- Tackling rumination / building positivity
- Importance of routine, clarity of goals and expectations along with tools to help achieve this
- Enhanced realistic optimism balanced with a can-do attitude
- A more flexible, adaptable and positive approach to change
- Improved problem solving creativity skills and Growth Mindset
- More level-headedness and objectivity under pressure
- Greater appreciation of the benefits of personal care and pacing oneself
- Improved understanding of personal boundaries and how they can be strengthened
- Reduced risk of absenteeism and presenteeism
Who Is It For?
This course is suitable for anyone who is working remotely from home or has a hybrid work pattern. The training is focused on building 'personal' resilience, but many delegates have reported that these skills have also helped them to support colleagues.
The course content and capacity can be customised for individuality and to ensure organisations’ specific learning criteria are met. Consultancy to manage mental health while working from home is also an option either as a standalone service or in conjunction with training.
The session will comprise of two parts:
- Emotion Regulation
- Building Resilience
- Stress and pressure - how to identify when pressure has become stress
- How to regulate stress response - practical strategies that keep us in control and out of the unhelpful stress/panic zone
- Solutions focus - rumination and importance of solution focused approaches
- Perspective - value of internal locus of control: building a Growth Mindset
- Understanding worry - recognising those things we can, and cannot do anything about
- Understanding Resilience - what resilience is: theories/research, models of resilience
- Training the muscle of attention - neuroplasticity and its role in achieving resilience
- Helping others - and why this is such a good way of building our own resilience
- Self-compassion and boundaries - building confidence and the ability to successfully deal with difficult situations
- Mind body connection - importance of getting the basics right and why: sleep / rest, nutrition, exercise, connection
- Personality and resilience - know what drives our own behaviours and those of others
Action planning - review of learning and statement of intent to use selection of tools and strategies.
Delegate comments from the Managing our Mental Health while Working from Home course
"Fantastic course to raise awareness of managing our own mental health. The course was insightful with adding value to coping strategies that I already have in place. The course has sparked self reflection of how I am and how I manage my mental health."
"Found it very useful, to the point, with helpful and balanced theory and tasks. The trainer was great delivering the course."
"I am going to factor in regular breaks from my desk during the working day and start to write an achievements list rather than always focussing on a to do list."
Related Training Courses
A 2-hour course to learn ways to manage and control reactions and adapt lifestyles to protect mental and physical health in response to the impact of the current pandemic. Recognising what we do have control over can improve our lifestyle choices and have a positive impact on our wellbeing.
After more than 35 years’ research, the benefits of developing a growth mindset, both for individuals and organisations, are more fully understood. A growth mindset fosters creativity, innovation and the ability to handle difficulty and setbacks. This course is suitable for all and covers practical ways individuals can cultivate a growth mindset in both themselves and others.
A 2-hour facilitated course to stimulate joint action planning within teams who are working together in a virtual environment - increasing communication between & support for each other. The unique feature of this course is that it is tailored to meet the needs of individual teams as content is based on the main findings of a pre course questionnaire.
Find out more
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
We are always happy to talk about our courses and help you to work out the best match for your requirements.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"The quality of the training has been fantastic and our employees are really engaging with the trainer and getting something out of it. Also In Equilibrium makes the whole process very easy to arrange."
"We wanted to provide a course that taught useful and practical coping strategies that our members could put into place straight away. In Equilibrium’s experience showed us that they could provide this, and they tailored the course perfectly."
"In-Equilibrium recently presented Mental Health Awareness to Managers in all of our area offices. The training was really well received and all of the trainers were praised for their in-depth knowledge and understanding."
"The training was very well received by staff who now all intend to implement the session’s practical tips and techniques into their existing roles. A large proportion of the staff rated the facilitator and their delivery as excellent and their only recommendation was for a further and longer session!"
Recent articles on our blog....
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.