Equality & Diversity Training
Organisations face the challenge of implementing an Equality and Diversity programme to ensure that they are not only complying with legislation, but also valuing diversity within the workforce. Creating a culture in which diversity is valued and employees feel comfortable in expressing their differences, will undoubtedly improve productivity and performance.
Our equality and diversity training in the workplace adopts a supportive, pragmatic yet fun approach – creating an atmosphere where issues can be openly shared, discussed and managed effectively to achieve positive outcomes.
Research shows that training in diversity is most effective when it is based on real life scenarios. Our equality and diversity training courses are highly participative and interactive focusing on practical issues participants encounter in their everyday work.
- Course Duration: 1-day course
- Course Capacity: 12 delegates max (for optimum benefit)
- Availability: All our courses are delivered in-house throughout the UK and Europe
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements
Who Is It For?
Equality and Diversity training is suitable for both managers and employees at all levels of an organisation. It includes issues relating to working with diverse teams and customers and covers all the equality strands.
The 2010 Equality Act is the most significant piece of equality legislation for many years. It makes it easier for employers and companies to understand their responsibilities by simplifying and streamlining the law. It also sets a new standard for those who provide public services to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Creates awareness that diversity includes everyone in the organisation
- Highlights the advantages of diversity to an organisation – its impact on the business, productivity and performance
- Increases understanding of how diversity is essential to reducing any risk of legal challenges
- Raises awareness of individual prejudices and judgements and the impact these can have on others
- Builds confidence in handling diversity issues
- Highlights how to recognise and respond to inappropriate behaviour
- Focuses on how to treat people with dignity and respect and create a positive working environment
What is Diversity?
A common understanding of the concept of diversity and how it differs from equal opportunities.
The Value of Diversity in the workplace
The business case for diversity.
Diversity Legislation Quiz
Roles and responsibilities in relation to the organisation’s diversity policy and practices and the key equality legislation, including the Equality Act 2010.
Dignity and Respect
What constitutes inappropriate behaviour and how we can create a positive and inclusive working environment.
Positive and practical approaches to support the prevention and handling of discrimination in the workplace.
Responding to Inappropriate Behaviour
The role of staff and managers in responding to and dealing with inappropriate behaviour.
Manager’s and Team Self Assessment
Participants assess and reflect on how far their behaviour supports diversity in the workplace and consider the next steps for action.
Key learning points are summarised and individual learning objectives revisited.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our Equality and Diversity training, please call us on 0131 476 5027 or drop an email to – [email protected]
- Overcoming Unconscious Bias Training
- Assertive Communication at Work
- Stress Management Training for Managers
What people say about In Equilibrium
“The training exercises and quality of the course handouts have also been consistently high. We would not hesitate to recommend the services of In Equilibrium to anyone who is wanting to commission either training/workshops around the management of stress in the work place.”
“I now have a better understanding of the term ‘diversity’ and how to cater for individual needs.”
“Very in-depth course that was made interesting and engaging.”
“I feel more confident that I would deal with a situation effectively and efficiently.”