This unique course is for whole teams to learn together what is needed to collectively build their resilience.
Imagine a work environment where all team members are working towards the greater good, where trust, commitment and loyalty are commonplace and where coming to work is something each member positively looks forward to. Sound like utopia? Maybe for some, but we know that with understanding and commitment it can be achieved.
This course is for whole teams to learn together what is needed to collectively build their resilience. There is no one blueprint…teams are as individual as…well individuals! In a relaxed, fun and informal environment participants will hear the latest research on this topic. They will also learn how others have approached the need to build resilience and how each and every member can play a role in creating a team which is supportive, cohesive and high performing.
The team will not only be helped to identify specific practical actions they can take, but will also have the space to consider how these actions can best be implemented.
Workshops include practical fun exercises, videos, stories, guided visualization, case studies, games, discussion and action planning.
- Individuals in a resilient team thrive in an atmosphere of change rather than resisting it. They can bounce back from challenges, stay productive and resist damage.
- Resilient teams have overlapping connections and skill sets – they have a clear understanding of what these are and how together they can work towards the goals of the team.
- Individuals in resilient teams learn to value their differences, these differences broaden the team’s skill set. Working in synergy they know that the whole team is greater than the sum of its members.
- Resilient teams value problem solving and as a result they invest time and energy into this, they are not afraid to ask for help when needed and creatively resolve conflict.
- Resilient team members openly discuss their ideas, thoughts and beliefs to the other members as they are working in an atmosphere of trust.
- Resilient teams are able to engage action in the face of ambiguity, even when risks are involved, rather than waiting for stability to return.
- Through their awareness of the importance of self-care and the value they place upon it, resilient teams know what practical actions to take in order to keep physically and emotionally healthy during periods of uncertainty.
Testimonials for the Building Resilient Teams course:
“The trainer was very open and honest and created a safe learning environment.”
“It was very factual and well researched and developed”
Who Is It For?
Teams in any organisation who wish to build their resilience in order to work together better and support others. This course is also appropriate for teams who want to take a proactive approach to change.
The course content and capacity can be customised for individuality and to ensure organisations’ specific learning criteria are met. Consultancy to build resilient teams is also an option either as a standalone service or in conjunction with training.
Principle behind this course is that when working with a whole team it is possible to build trust and mutual understanding, the foundation of team cohesion. This foundation can then be used to grow individual and team resilience.
- Understanding teams in the context of change and uncertainty
- Building trust and commitment
- Emotion regulation skills and how teams can promote their development
- Achieving social connection and mutual understanding
- Spotting and harnessing strengths and opportunities, the importance of stretch
- Dealing with conflict creatively
- The growth mindset and building a culture of greater self-responsibility
- Building realistic optimism and a can-do mindset
- Self-talk and the importance of reaching out
- Understanding how neuroscience can help us better manage pressure
- Identifying personality types and how each work when under pressure
- Dealing with difficult personalities, from negaholics to minimal contributors
- Building a Team Resilience Development Plan
Related Training Courses
This half-day course explores practical ways individuals can cultivate a growth mindset to improve responses to setbacks, criticism and challenges as well as focusing on building confidence in their abilities to try new approaches without fear of failure.
Find out more
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions. We are always happy to talk about our courses and help you to work out the best match for your requirements.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"The quality of the training has been fantastic and our employees are really engaging with the trainer and getting something out of it. Also In Equilibrium makes the whole process very easy to arrange."
"We wanted to provide a course that taught useful and practical coping strategies that our members could put into place straight away. In Equilibrium’s experience showed us that they could provide this, and they tailored the course perfectly."
"In-Equilibrium recently presented Mental Health Awareness to Managers in all of our area offices. The training was really well received and all of the trainers were praised for their in-depth knowledge and understanding."
"The training was very well received by staff who now all intend to implement the session’s practical tips and techniques into their existing roles. A large proportion of the staff rated the facilitator and their delivery as excellent and their only recommendation was for a further and longer session!"
Recent articles on our blog....
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.