The objectives of this training are:
- To provide the knowledge required to more effectively support someone with a suspected or diagnosed mental health condition
- To raise understanding of coping methods when a team member is displaying some of the challenging behaviours associated with the most common mental health conditions
Throughout the training course delegates focus on the most common mental health disorders. In addition to learning how to recognise signs and symptoms, they gain advice on practical strategies to support team members and colleagues. This training course also raises awareness of the way stress impacts on mental health. The relevance and requirements of the Equality Act 2010 are summarised within the course.
There tends to be a great variation in the level of awareness of mental health issues within workplaces. A workplace that is positive about mental health supports the wellbeing of all employees, as well as encouraging openness about mental health problems. Basic training for everyone is good practice. Many organisations lose the skills and experience of countless capable employees who suffer in silence and feel they have no choice but to choose between a deterioration of their mental health or to leave their employment.
Training is delivered in a relaxed and flexible manner with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. Practical exercises will be used to illustrate the challenges those with a mental health condition regularly face in the workplace.
- Duration: 1-day course
- Capacity: 12 recommended for optimum results
- Availability: All of our in-house courses are delivered by our UK wide network of trainers
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements