This course enables participants to communicate assertively in the workplace and, in turn, enhance performance from an
individual, team and organisational perspective.
Why Assertiveness Training is so important
Assertive communication is essential for effective performance and wellbeing in the workplace. Activities such as giving and receiving feedback, performance management, and building relationships with internal and external customers are crucial to professional and personal success.
Assertive communication can be fundamental to improving people’s ability to work together, negotiate and achieve workable compromises straightforwardly. It enables individuals to communicate clearly and confidently, reducing conflict and creating a culture of open communication.
This course is engaging and includes a variety of practical exercises.
Key Benefits of attending this course
- Increased confidence and more effective decision making
- Improved influencing skills
- Enhanced customer satisfaction through clear and confident communication
- Problems solved through co-operation and communication
- Individuals empowered to develop, identify and deliver the best solutions
- Assertive behaviour can reduce stress and increase wellbeing
- Communication becomes clearer and more concise, reducing misunderstandings and clarifying expectations both with customers and between colleagues
Who would benefit from attending this course?
Anyone who wants to improve their communication skills and their ability to influence others.
The course content and capacity can be customised for individuality and to ensure organisations’ specific learning criteria are met. Consultancy in assertive communication at work is also an option either as a standalone service or in conjunction with training.
- The benefits of assertive communication
- The importance of professional confidence and assertiveness in the workplace
- How our belief systems influence our communication
- Individual communication styles
- The link between non-assertive behaviour and confidence
- Understanding and meeting the needs of others
- Analysis of individual strengths and weaknesses in communicating assertively
- Distinguish between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Assertion through verbal and non-verbal communication
- Identification of individual strategies to improve communication
- How to negotiate and reach a workable compromise
- How to improve communication with internal and external customers
A testimonial for the Assertive Communication at Work Course:
"The course helped with managing my inner dialogue, and thinking about how to take a step back, and think about problems in a less emotional, more constructive way."
Related Training Courses
A practical 1-day course which gives participants the opportunity to explore the role of a mentor within the workplace and practice the skills necessary to mentor successfully. The course is suitable for those considering taking on a mentoring role for the first time as well as those seeking to develop existing skills.
Suitable for all, this 1-day course can also be run for specific groups and tailored to particular workplace scenarios. It is designed to increase awareness of motivational techniques and is a revealing insight into people’s needs and drives, and ways in which we can develop them to the best advantage of the individual, the team and the organisation.
Using practical exercises, participants will gain the skills and knowledge to structure, measure and tune performance in their team environments. The need to manage team well-being is considered, along with approaches to accommodate this. Any supervisor, team leader or manager would benefit from attending this 1-day course.
Find out more
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
We are always happy to talk about our courses and help you to work out the best match for your requirements.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"The quality of the training has been fantastic and our employees are really engaging with the trainer and getting something out of it. Also In Equilibrium makes the whole process very easy to arrange."
"We wanted to provide a course that taught useful and practical coping strategies that our members could put into place straight away. In Equilibrium’s experience showed us that they could provide this, and they tailored the course perfectly."
"In-Equilibrium recently presented Mental Health Awareness to Managers in all of our area offices. The training was really well received and all of the trainers were praised for their in-depth knowledge and understanding."
"The training was very well received by staff who now all intend to implement the session’s practical tips and techniques into their existing roles. A large proportion of the staff rated the facilitator and their delivery as excellent and their only recommendation was for a further and longer session!"
Recent articles on our blog....
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.