Managing and Developing Successful Teams
Inspired and cohesive teams who work together can deliver results and services faster, better and more cost effectively. In this course, delegates gain the skills and knowledge to structure, measure and tune performance in their team environments.
Delegates awareness of the characteristics of effective teams will be increased by attending this course together with the importance of individual roles and styles and their impact on team performance and culture. Stages of team development are considered, as well as strategies and approaches to build teams to maximise overall performance. During the day, the factors which influence performance from a task, team and individual perspective are also identified.
- Course Duration: 1-day course
- Course Capacity: 12 delegates max (for optimum benefit)
- Availability: All our courses are delivered in-house throughout the UK and Europe
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements
Who Is It For?
Any supervisor, team leader or manager would benefit from attending our Managing and Developing Successful Teams training course.
Previous participants have reported:
- Understanding characteristics and behaviours of individual members of their team and the impact on team performance
- Increased awareness of individual motivations and the link to performance
- Understanding factors which influence team performance
- Awareness of the components and dynamics of effective teams
Participants will conduct an analysis of their own preferred Team Role personality, and identify how to conduct an analysis of the dynamics of their teams. Participants will experience a range of approaches and tools to assist in the management and development of their team. Consideration will be given to the need to manage team well-being and approaches to accommodate this.
Participants will cover the following topics during the course:
- The characteristics of effective teams
- Growing and strengthening your team
- The four stages of team development
- The importance of understanding individual team members
- Building effective communication channels
- Establishing a framework for effective team communication
- Coaching and developing to enhance productivity and performance
- The art of delegation
- Building and developing a strong team culture
- Techniques for motivating and developing others
- The importance of developing a strong team vision
- Strategies to build team well-being
- How to profile individual work pressures
- Approaches to manage well-being and the link to individual, team and organisational performance
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0845 548 8054 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Motivating Yourself and Others
- Developing Personal Resilience Training
- Assertive Communication at Work
- Managers Managing Change