Developing Personal Resilience
Personal resilience is arguably the most important resource for coping well during challenging times. This training course introduces delegates to skills that will increase their confidence in their ability to bounce back from the many pressures and adversities they encounter in today’s workplace. They are reminded that a key aspect of being resilient is accepting that change always creates opportunities as well as problems to be solved.
The course is highly interactive and contains a variety of tools and exercises. Delegates receive a comprehensive workbook and access to online resources, which can be revisited should they wish to improve one or more of their resilience skills.
- Course Duration: 1-day course
- Course Capacity: 12 delegates max (for optimum benefit)
- Availability: All our courses are delivered in-house throughout the UK and Europe
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements
- Optional Follow-up training: Short follow up sessions provide delegates with the opportunity to share experiences in using the tools provided and measure the change in their resiliency skills.
Who Is It For?
Resilience is the ability to recover quickly from setbacks and adversity. Resilient people stay committed and increase their efforts when the going gets tough. It used to be thought that people were born with resilient attributes; we now know that anyone can improve their resilience through effective training and development.
Developing Personal Resilience is suitable for anyone in an organisation. Many organisations run this course for their staff, in conjunction with a Manager’s version.
With full participation the delegates will achieve the following:
- Reduced workplace/home anxiety (regarding their job)
- A more flexible/adaptable approach to change
- Enhanced realistic optimism and can-do attitude
- Confidence to build and restore important relationships
- Greater commitment and enthusiasm
- Improved problem solving/creativity skills
- Enhanced assertiveness and decisiveness
- The ability to remain calm and more level-headed under pressure
- Enhanced hardiness and self-esteem
- Improved understanding of personal boundaries
Understanding Resilience, Pressure, Stress and Adversity
- Resilience v Resistance
- Defining boundaries
- Internal v external locus of control
- Measuring your own levels of resilience
- Basic resilience skills
- Realistic optimism and negative thinking
- The ABC exercise
- How to recognise and control your feelings
- The Emotional Pot concept
- Empathy is the basis for all communication
- Core skills required to be empathetic
- Reaching in – Reaching out
- Social Interaction Network Exercise
- Viewing problems from many different perspectives
- 7 Part Problem Solving Strategy
- Recognising your strengths and weaknesses
- The importance of self-belief and self-esteem
- Importance of tolerating ambiguity
- Impulse Control Experiment
Building a Resilience Development Plan
Review the online resilience resources and how to access them:
The Resilience Resources include many of the tools and exercises introduced to delegates during the resilience training course. If delegates want to improve one or more of their resilience skills they will find that the exercises will help them to do so.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0845 548 8054 or e-mail: email@example.com
What people say about In Equilibrium
“I think the trainer was absolutely fantastic! Really engaging and delivered the course incredibly well. The material given during the course to take away has proved really helpful as it was a large pack with a lot of information to read over and keep going back to at later dates.”
“I am glad to say that all who attended the course are now real advocates of it and have been spreading positive feedback amongst their teams and colleagues, so I do not doubt that we will definitely be booking more of these courses in the future.”
““The whole session was equally valuable.”
“The trainer listened, responded accordingly and was excellent.”
“Thank you. An excellent course. Extremely helpful.”
“The group were so impressed with the course they have requested a follow-up in six months to measure how, as a group, they have addressed their plans and what they have achieved. I would recommend In Equilibrium to anyone who provides training for their staff, as their approach to training is extremely professional.”