e-Learning for Resilience
Personal Resilience in an Hour
Following requests from many of our customers we have developed a 1-hour online video course entitled “Personal Resilience in an Hour”
Resilience Course Overview
A variety of personal resilience strategies are introduced to delegates using an engaging format that includes graphics and exercises. The objective is to provide a practical cost effective tool which managers and employees can use to improve their resilience skills.
The course comprises of 18 short motivational videos ranging between 34 seconds and 8 minutes in length. Downloadable handouts and templates are included to give the user the opportunity to practise the strategies with their own examples.
This course is designed to complement our face-to-face resilience training but is particularly useful when time, location or circumstances lean towards an e-Learning rather than a conventional training approach. A key objective of this course is that it will stimulate interest in personal resilience and motivate people to learn more by attending face-to-face training.
The e-learning course is delivered by In Equilibrium trainer Dr Chris Johnstone, a resilience specialist with over 30 years of experience in teaching resilience skills. Chris has developed this training using evidence based strategies and his specialist knowledge in the field of positive psychology.
View the short (2 min 20 secs) minute introductory video here
Applications: Why e-learning?
- Fully scormed, this online course enables progress to be tracked
- If you have a Learning Management System (LMS) in place, this course can be added. Alternatively In Equilibrium can provide access to a LMS.
- Available to users 24/7 on devices which can be accessed easily, e.g.tablet, smartphone etc.
- Videos can be paused and repeated as required, allowing users to work through exercises in real time, at their own pace.
- Users can repeat the course as a “refresher’ at a later date.
- Flexibility – users can be in remote locations
- Provides immediate training – no training course logistics
- The online course can be used as a taster session to encourage attendance at a face-to-face training course
- Privacy for the user – They can work through exercises without sharing information with others.
Benefits of the course
- Raises awareness of the benefits of resilient skills
- Highlights the role resilience plays in protecting us from stress and helping us to bounce back from knocks in life
- Provides immediate support and strategies for individuals under pressure
- Motivates users to take action to improve their resilience skills by providing resilience stories and examples which users can relate to
- Enables users to gain perspective when faced with challenges
- Teaches users to consider their response to difficult situations and apply more flexible thinking
- How to identify key elements of resilience you can develop
- How do you know this will help? Reviewing the evidence
- Identifying factors that influence our resilience
- Emotional first-aid practices to steady your nerves when under pressure
- How to develop resilient responses for situations you find stressful
- Developing your own resilience toolkit using self-help strategies
- Identifying the next steps to explore resilience further
Get a pricing quotation
Please contact us for a pricing quotation at [email protected] or call 0845 548 8054.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our “Resilience in an Hour” e-learning course, or you wish to provide this course to employees in your organisation, please contact Alastair Taylor on 0845 548 8054 or e-mail: [email protected]
What people say about In Equilibrium
“Just undertaken Dr Chris Johnstone’s Personal Resilience in an Hour online training. I really recommend this course to business employees at all levels. The contents are valuable to a person’s health & wellbeing.”