Mindfulness Training for Performance and Wellbeing
The publication in October 2015 of “Mindful Nation UK” an All-Party Parliamentary Group report has demonstrated the key role Mindfulness can play in today’s society. It reviews the scientific evidence and current best practice in Mindfulness Training.
The report states: “Even brief periods of mindfulness practice can lead to objectively measured higher cognitive skills such as improved reaction times, comprehension scores, working memory functioning and decision making”
Mindfulness training is increasingly becoming an integral feature of international management and organisation development programmes. Some of the world’s leading companies including Google, Barclays, Deutsche Bank, Apple Computers, Yahoo and KPMG have invested in mindfulness training for their employees. Why? Because it is a highly effective way to improve performance and well-being.
Mindfulness is a mind-body practice, one that enables us to use our full psychological and creative potential by training ourselves to pay attention to our present moment experience in a way that is both accepting and allowing. This enhanced state of moment-by-moment awareness then becomes the springboard for more effective, healthier ways of being, working and relating.
More than 2500 scientific research studies worldwide have revealed the mental and physiological advantages of the mindfulness process. Key benefits include a significant improvement in focus, concentration and attention; greater personal and inter-personal effectiveness; enhanced ability to cope with pressure and stress and maintain a sense of inner peace, balance and presence even in the midst of a busy work life.
Our Mindfulness Trainers are also experienced practitioners. A skilled instructor is crucial in helping delegates overcome any challenges which might arise during the training. The report highlights the role of mindfulness in the workplace, and the importance of using qualified practitioners and trainers.
The training is delivered in a relaxed, informal and flexible manner with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. There is a very interactive learning process with exercises designed to stimulate interest and learning.
- Duration: 1-day course
- Capacity: 12 delegates max (for optimum benefit)
- Pricing: All of our training courses are competitively priced. Please contact us for further details.
- Availability: All our courses are delivered in-house throughout the UK and Europe
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements
Who Is It For?
Mindfulness has historically brought benefits to many individuals but is now increasingly being used by organisations to improve employee’s performance and well-being.
The popularity of training in mindfulness within the business world is in part due to research carried out by the American Institute of Health, University of Massachusetts, and the Mind/Body Medical Institute at Harvard University. Evidence-based studies from these renowned institutions have cited the following as specific benefits of mindfulness for businesses:
- Reduced costs of staff absenteeism caused by illness, injury, stress
- Improved cognitive function – including better concentration, memory, learning ability and creativity
- Increased productivity and improved overall staff and business wellbeing
- Reduced staff turnover and associated costs
- Enhanced employer/employee and client relationships
- A visible and tangible corporate responsibility stance
- Enhanced employee job satisfaction
Having completed the training and continued to use the mindfulness-based tools as advised, the majority of delegates will experience a significant improvement in their ability to:
- manage stress and stressful situations
- experience a sense of well-being and inner calm
- focus on one task at a time
- manage their emotions and disengage negative thinking
- think creatively and find new solutions
- listen and empathise
- relax and enjoy the present moment
… and notice a positive impact on their:
- productivity and efficiency
- personal and professional relationships
- energy and enthusiasm for life
- level of self-awareness and awareness of others
- department/team leadership capabilities
- What is mindfulness?
- History, research and benefits of mindfulness
- Mindfulness in relation to well-being, performance and the workplace.
- Mindful eating exercise
Mind training – re-wiring your brain
- Mind training and brain plasticity
- Being mode V Doing mode
- How automatic reactions limit our creativity and productivity as well as damage relationships
- Increasing empathy through mindful listening
- Seated meditation
From stress reaction to stress response
- Mindful walking exercise
- Breaking the fight flight freeze reaction to stress and moving to flow
- Emotional awareness through mindfulness – moving towards emotions rather than avoiding or controlling
- 3 minute coping breathing space meditation
Building a personal practice and mindfulness in the workplace
- Seated meditation
- Ways to practise mindfulness and the importance of remindfulness!
- Everyday mindfulness tips
- Support and resources available
- Reflections on the day
Optional Follow-up emails
To help embed the knowledge learned on the day we can provide delegates with follow-up emails revisiting the areas covered on the training course and signposting where to find further information and resources. The final email can include a brief questionnaire to evaluate the effectiveness of the training course.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0131 476 5027 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Stress Management Techniques
- Developing Personal Resilience Training
- The Mindfulness Training Programme
What people say about In Equilibrium
“The training course content was very good, very interactive and a great introduction to Mindfulness.”
“I will use the techniques to introduce mindfulness into my daily routine. Recommend highly this workshop to others”
“This workshop cannot be too highly recommended.”
“I am pleased and surprised my company are enlightened enough to run this training. I think it should be on every school curriculum and in our working schedule. I would recommend it for everyone.”