Dr Philippa Spencer
Registered Counselling Psychologist: Health and Care Professions Council
Chartered Psychologist: British Psychological Society
Special Group of Coaching Psychology: British Psychological Society
Special Interest Group Cancer and Palliative Care: British Psychological Society
Doctorate (DPsych) Counselling Psychology
Post MSc Diploma Counselling Psychology
MSc Counselling Psychology
Level A & B Certificates in Psychometric Testing
BSc Hons Psychology
Dr Philippa Spencer is a Chartered Psychologist with extensive experience as a trainer and clinician. During the past 20 years she has worked for both the Public and Private sectors where she has developed excellent training and consultancy skills which are all underpinned by sound psychological theory.
Philippa is an insightful and empathic trainer who draws on her experience of working with people affected by a range of emotional difficulties. She has a longstanding interest in employee wellbeing and has been involved in the delivery of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy workshops for many years. She has worked with a range of professionals across sectors and is imaginative and creative in her style. Her particular areas of interest are Mental Health Awareness, Resilience, Stress Management and Preventing Bullying in the Workplace.
Philippa approaches all aspects of her work with thought and compassion. She is personable, professional and good-humoured, with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for training.
She also has a special interest in the delivery of Burnout and Compassion Fatigue and has delivered training for a leading UK health charity.
- Delivery of Advanced Communication Skills Training (ACST), an evidence-based training model for senior NHS healthcare professionals working in the fields of cancer and palliative care
- Design and delivery of Stress Management, Mental Health Awareness and Resilience training for numerous NHS Trusts, charities and corporate sector organisations
- Design and delivery of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy workshops for various organisations within the health care sector
- Design and delivery of Burnout and Compassion Fatigue training for a leading UK health charity
- Guest lecturer on Doctorate, MSc and Undergraduate level programmes at a number of UK universities
In Equilibrium courses with Philippa
- Stress Management Techniques
- Stress Management Training for Managers
- Practical Approaches to Handling Pressure
- Developing Personal Resilience Training
- Bullying in the Workplace: Be Aware!
- Bullying in the Workplace: Training for Managers
- Mental Health Awareness Training
- Mental Health Awareness Training for Managers
What people say about In Equilibrium courses
“Brilliant, thank you. Philippa was able to answer every question thrown at her.”
“Very good, interesting, well delivered course.”
“A very enjoyable day. I certainly learnt a lot and was gripped all day.”
“It was probably the best course I have been on to date.”