Explore and understand the many different responses to the current pandemic environment. Learn ways to manage and control reactions and adapt lifestyles to protect mental and physical health.
While neither fatigue nor coronanxiety are diagnosable disorders, the symptoms are becoming more and more prevalent.
The most common signs of COVID Fatigue include: avoiding the news, hypoarousal – a decrease in your body’s normal response to stimuli, hyperarousal – an increase in your body’s response to stimuli, frequent mood swings, irritability when faced with an obstacle caused by COVID-19, and an inability to sleep due to overthinking. It is common to rotate through all these symptoms in a short period. It is also common to feel lonely but to paradoxically also want to be alone for much of the time.
Coronanxiety is the fear of the virus, distorted perspective and intolerance of uncertainty that can result in responses most commonly associated with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
- Understanding that many people are experiencing similar feelings and thoughts
- Acceptance of the normality of these responses
- Increased ability to manage and control COVID Fatigue and Coronanxiety for yourself and others
- Acknowledgement of the need to adapt lifestyle to accommodate different ways we are living to protect mental and physical health
Who Is It For?
This course is suitable for anyone who is finding their energy levels, motivation and ability to switch off to be affected by the current pandemic. It helps delegates understand that many of the symptoms are to be expected in the circumstances, and that understanding these and recognising what we do have control over can help us choose lifestyle choices that will protect our mental and physical health.
The course content and capacity can be customised for individuality and to ensure organisations’ specific learning criteria are met. Consultancy to manage covid fatigue and coronanxiety is also an option either as a standalone service or in conjunction with training.
Understanding Coronanxiety and Covid Fatigue
- The most common signs and symptoms
- Basic neuroscience: why so many of us are experiencing similar feelings, thoughts and behaviours
Practical ways of managing emotions
- Learning to tune into the thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Six rapid emotion regulation techniques
- Reducing rumination and over thinking
- Addressing irrational and out of perspective thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Recognising when thoughts and behaviours are normal, and when they might suggest a more serious issue
- Auditing self-care and implementing good self-care principles
- How to build better habits
- What holds people back from making healthier lifestyle choices
- Value of connecting with others
- How to ensure good quality and sufficient sleep
- Importance of building rest into a daily routine
- Optimal nutrition and hydration
- Exercise that protects our physical and mental health
Related Training Courses
Half-day course which enables participants to understand the meaning of stress and how to differentiate it from pressure. A toolkit of stress management techniques and exercises is provided for delegates to take away, so they can practise those which work best for them.
A practical and engaging one-day course on which delegates will learn to recognise the signs and sources of stress; assess their wellbeing and work-life balance; understand the importance of individual factors such as perception; and discover how to apply relevant coping strategies. Exercises are included which delegates will benefit from re-visiting after attending the course.
A selection of training courses to improve various people skills, including communication, tolerance to change, leadership and teamwork. These courses are delivered by our specialist trainers using experiential exercises, questionnaires, videos and interactive trainer-led discussions.
Find out more
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
We are always happy to talk about our courses and help you to work out the best match for your requirements.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
"The quality of the training has been fantastic and our employees are really engaging with the trainer and getting something out of it. Also In Equilibrium makes the whole process very easy to arrange."
"We wanted to provide a course that taught useful and practical coping strategies that our members could put into place straight away. In Equilibrium’s experience showed us that they could provide this, and they tailored the course perfectly."
"In-Equilibrium recently presented Mental Health Awareness to Managers in all of our area offices. The training was really well received and all of the trainers were praised for their in-depth knowledge and understanding."
"The training was very well received by staff who now all intend to implement the session’s practical tips and techniques into their existing roles. A large proportion of the staff rated the facilitator and their delivery as excellent and their only recommendation was for a further and longer session!"
Recent articles on our blog....
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.