Workplace MHFA Champions
This one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies delegates as MHFA Champions. The session is built around a Mental Health First Aid Action plan.
- Have an understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
What to expect
Numbers are limited to 16 people per course so that the trainer can keep delegates safe and supported while they learn.
The day includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a badge and certificate to say they are an MHFA Champion.
Delegates also get a copy of the Line Managers’ Resource. An invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health.
- Overview of Mental Health First Aid
- Mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training, please call us on 0131 476 5027 or drop an email to – [email protected]
- Workplace MHFA 2-day Course
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Workplace MHFA Half Day
- Mental Health Awareness Training for all Employees
- Mental Health Awareness Training for Managers
What people say about In Equilibrium
“Very knowledgeable, engaging and enthusiastic instructor. Clearly passionate about subject and full of helpful tips and info. Thank you.”
“Today was interesting, informative and Dawn made a difficult subject enjoyable.”
“Very passionate trainer which has shone through during course, credit to your company.”
“Did you feel the trainer listened to your comments and responded appropriately?”
“Yes, and was very enthusiastic and fun which kept my attention.”