Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management
MA (Gender and Employment)
Fiona McPhail is a highly experienced trainer and consultant, working extensively across both the public and private sector. With her experience as a former Head of EDI for a University and a former Head of Service of HR and of Staff Support Services, she has a wealth of expertise in developing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Training and Human Resource Management and Leadership training.
Fiona delivers training across the UK and Europe, running whole organisation interventions and brings specialist knowledge of undertaking HR Review and HR projects and undertaking and supporting EDI and cultural audits.
As a specialist in EDI, Fiona works with organisations to review EDI strategy and operational implementation plans and can deliver a suite of training from legal briefings for senior managers, through to general EDI awareness sessions and specific delivery for Equality Champions. She combines her training experience with her knowledge of Human Resource Management and stakeholder engagement to design and deliver informative and engaging training programmes to meet organisational and personal objectives.
- Working with leading consultancy firms, including Deloittes and EY on EDI in employment.
- Design and delivery of a Leadership Programme for a leading University.
- Design and Delivery of a suite of HR, Management and EDI Programmes for senior and operational managers in the Higher Education Sector.
- Working across 120 Universities, delivering training on, and supporting implementation of Job Evaluation.
- Advisor and Assessor of EDI Charters working with Housing Associations, Charities and the Education Sector.
- Review of national guidance on the Remediation of Doctors and Dentists in Difficulty from an EDI perspective, NHS.