Workplace MHFA Half Day
The Workplace MHFA Half Day training is designed to raise awareness of mental health. It provides participants with an introductory understanding of what mental health is, some common mental health issues and how to look after their own mental health and maintain wellbeing.
One in four people will experience a mental health problem in the course of a year. The Workplace MHFA Half Day introductory mental health awareness session is designed to:
- provide an understanding of what mental health is and how stigma can be challenged
- give participants an introduction to looking after their own mental health and maintaining their wellbeing
- impart a basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- raise participants’ confidence to support someone in mental and emotional distress
Course Duration: 4 hours
Course Capacity: 25 delegates max
Availability: throughout the UK
Who Is It For?
This training is suitable for anyone in the workplace who wants to improve their mental health and emotional wellbeing awareness.
The Workplace MHFA Half Day course will teach participants to:
- Gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health
- Work more effectively with people living with mental health problems
- Identify discrimination and stigma
- Define mental health and wellbeing and some mental ill-health problems
- Relate to peoples’ experiences
- Help support people with mental health problems
- Understand strategies to look after their own mental health and wellbeing
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Mental health conditions:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Take 10 Together – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
The training session will be a mix of presentations, group discussion and workshop activities. The instructor provides a very safe learning environment and is trained to support delegates throughout the whole course.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it, a workbook which includes a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health and an attendance certificate from MHFA England to say they are Mental Health Aware.
Workplace Mental Health First Aid Two Day course
Some organisations will encourage all employees to attend the Workplace MHFA Half Day course, with some participants then going on to attend the Workplace MHFA Two Day course, which will qualify them as Mental Health First Aiders.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training, please call us on 0131 476 5027 or drop an email to – [email protected]
- Mental Health Awareness Training for Managers
- Mental Health Awareness Training for all Employees
- Workplace MHFA 2-day Course
- Higher Education MHFA
- SafeTALK Suicide Alertness for Everyone
- ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training