Introduction to Mindfulness
90 minute Course
In today’s fast-paced world we can all benefit from having a powerful toolkit of practical strategies to keep us mentally focused, emotionally balanced, and performing at our best. Mindfulness is such an approach. If you find that juggling the multiple demands of the day can sometimes leave you feeling a little bit frazzled then this session is for you.
Having been extensively researched by the scientific community for the past three decades Mindfulness is known to enable people to improve their work performance and overall wellbeing. In fact, practicing these techniques for just a few weeks has been shown to produce changes in the brain which results in less stress reactivity, improved concentration and focus, better interpersonal relationships and more. Work-based Mindfulness Training is gaining popularity with companies such as Google, Intel, Apple, and other multinationals now offering it for all their staff.
The session follows this sequence:
- A short presentation defining Mindfulness and highlighting some of the key benefits identified by scientific research
- A short group discussion on the distinction between ‘Mindless’ and ‘Mindful’ and reflection on the insights this offers about our personal work situation
- Learn and practise a 3-minute exercise which enables you to reboot the brain, rebalance the emotions, and boost physical energy
- Learn and practise two further Mindfulness-based exercises
- Time is allowed for people to share their experiences and address questions about how to apply these approaches to a typical working day
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Availability: on-site, in London area.
The session will equip participants with powerful tools that enable them to deactivate stress and respond to pressure in a healthy, calm, and positive fashion. There is an accompanying handout outlining all the exercises practiced in the session. This also has a ‘Resources’ section which outlines further reading and web-based information for those who are interested in exploring the topic more deeply.
Dr Dawn Hamilton has been studying and practicing Mindfulness and related approaches for nearly 20 years so she brings a wealth of insights based on her personal experience. Her approach is to share these strategies in a down-to-earth, non-jargon, and practical way so that by the end of this session everyone has the skills and understanding to apply what they have learned to their own unique situations.
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this short training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0845 548 8054 or
e-mail: [email protected]