International Positive Psychology Association
Edinburgh Businesswomen's Club
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Certificate in Counselling
Certificate in Hypnotherapy
Following many years at a senior level in the ICT sector working for global organisations, Karen, through her passion for personal growth and organisational transformation, changed career to become a certified trainer and executive coach. Karen’s main areas of training are Stress Management and Mindfulness.
Karen has worked with a variety of organisations, in both the public and private sectors and has experienced first-hand how personal development training can change the culture of an organisation by promoting wellbeing in individuals, allowing them to reduce stress, increase resilience, improve focus and develop stronger interpersonal relationships.
Karen also delivers courses in Leadership, Presentation Skills, Negotiation Skills, Assertiveness Training, Selling Skills and Business Processes. She is an Associate Lecturer at Napier University, an NXD of Advocard, an Edinburgh charity that provides advocacy services for people with mental ill health, and is current Members Secretary of the Edinburgh Businesswomen’s Club.
In Equilibrium courses with Karen
- Developing Personal Resilience Training
- Developing Resilience: Training for Managers
- Building Resilient Teams
- Stress Management Techniques
- Practical Approaches to Handling Pressure
- Stress Management Training for Managers
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Mindfulness Training for Performance and Wellbeing
- Mental Health Awareness Training for Managers
- Mental Health Awareness Training for all Employees
- The Mindfulness Training Programme
- Assertive Communication at Work
What people say about In Equilibrium courses
“We all thoroughly enjoyed it and have been speaking about it since we came back to work! We each got so much from the course and it affected us all differently. It was a total success”
“The training course content was very good, very interactive and a great introduction to Mindfulness.”