Diversity - the art of thinking individually together
“Equality is about ensuring that every individual has an equal opportunity to make the most of their lives and talents.
It is also the belief that no one should have poorer life chances because of the way they were born, where they come from, what they believe, or whether they have a disability.
Equality recognises that historically certain groups of people with protected characteristics such as race, disability, sex and sexual orientation have experienced discrimination. ”
Equality and Human Rights Commission
This short 2-hour course encourages delegates to learn about the difference between Equality and Diversity. Delegates are introduced to the benefits of diversity and it's impact on productivity and performance.
- Definitions of Equality, Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity and how these relate to our understanding of Equality and Diversity
- Understand the scope of the Equality Act 2010
- Distinguish different types of discrimination, bullying and harassment
- The impact of inappropriate behaviour in the workplace
- Identifying which behaviours and actions are fair and legal
- The positive behaviours which demonstrate dignity and respect
Trainer: Dr Karla Benske
Karla is a corporate trainer and coach with 15 years experience during which time she specialised in Widening Participation, Recognition of Prior Learning, Unconscious Bias and Equality & Diversity. She holds certificates in Professional Coaching Practice, in Professional Team Coaching Practice and in Professional Executive Coaching Practice. She is a member of the International Coaching Federation and as such adheres to their Code of Ethics.
Delegate feedback after attending training delivered by Karla:
“Beneficial to how we react and interact with colleagues and listen/reflect more sympathetically"
"This has been a positive reminder on how my behaviour can be perceived by others"
"Informative and well presented"
"Enjoyable, informative, good mix of tools (discussion, videos etc)"
"Interesting, informative and well presented"
"Thought-provoking and clear in actions to follow up"
For over 20 years In Equilibrium have been delivering cutting edge training and consultancy to organisations throughout the UK. We specialise in practical, evidence-based training aimed at developing resilience, minimising the risk of stress and enhancing well-being in the workplace. Both our in-house and open courses are delivered by experienced trainers who are subject experts within their field and deliver their training with enthusiasm and sensitivity, a combination delegate feedback confirms is appreciated.
Contact us on 01383 324 122 or email us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
By booking an event with In Equilibrium you accept our Booking Terms and Conditions
- Payment Options Fees are subject to VAT where applicable, which applies to all delegates attending UK courses. Course fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. Courses will be charged at the price shown on the website at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change course fees without notice.
- Substitute delegates You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge at any time, just let us know.
- Cancellations If you cancel 7 or more days before the event, we will provide a full refund of the training course fee, which excludes the Eventbrite booking fee, as this is non-refundable. No refunds are available for cancellations made less than 7 days before the event, or for no-shows. Cancellation charges apply for all cancellations including those due to illness. Cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
- Changes to Services In the event of the course not going ahead for any reason, In Equilibrium will inform you as soon as possible and we will refund you immediately on cancellation. In Equilibrium will not be responsible for any consequential loss of expense incurred by the candidates.
- Joining Instructions Once your booking has been confirmed we will be in touch with specific joining instructions for the training course.
- For full terms and conditions please see terms and conditions page at https://www.in-equilibrium.co.uk/terms-conditions
Recent articles on our blog....
For this year’s National Grief Awareness Week (2 – 8 December) we have reviewed and updated the section on grief within our mental health resources and consider why we may avoid conversations about grief at work.Read More →
We offer 5 tips for helping to develop healthy interactions at work in order to increase wellbeing and avoid co-rumination.Read More →
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.