What is Emotional Intelligence? Aristotle did a fine job of defining Emotional Intelligence a very long time ago when he said: “Anyone can become angry – that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way – this is not easy.” In today’s high pressure, fast changing work environments, understanding and being able to keep your own emotions working in your favour can be tough enough, let alone managing the emotional state of those around you. Emotionally Intelligent people have developed their ability to do just that – helping them to influence, lead and coach themselves and their peers, reports and customers to better, more sustainable outcomes.
- Course Duration: 1-day course
- Course Capacity: 12 delegates max (for optimum benefit)
- Availability: All our courses are delivered in-house throughout the UK and Europe
- Customisation: The content can be tailored to meet an organisation’s individual requirements
Who Is It For?
This introduction to Emotional Intelligence combines a detailed exploration of the theoretical background of the subject, with interactive exercises and discussion to explore ways in which participants can demonstrate more Emotional Intelligence in their day to day and working life, making it suitable for any individual within an organisation.
With full participation the delegates will achieve the following:
- Greater understanding of how emotions arise and impact upon day to day working
- Ability to recognise their own emotions and those of others and to manage these effectively in the workplace
- Increased capacity to motivate, develop and lead others
- Improved appreciation of individual differences and tips to manage the conflict that this can give rise to
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- History of the model
- Making it real
- Exploring the Emotional Competence Inventory (ECI) Report
- Building your Emotional Intelligence
- Becoming aware of your own emotional triggers
- Learning to listen to and hear others effectively
- Taking a new perspective on group level empathy
- Leading and Motivating with Emotion
- Handling Interpersonal Conflict
- Setting Goals and Planning Actions
Discuss aspects of this course with us
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this training course please contact Alastair Taylor on Tel: 0845 548 8054 or e-mail: [email protected]
- Developing Personal Resilience Training
- Bullying in the Workplace: Be Aware!
- Assertive Communication at Work
What people say about In Equilibrium
“The course, which has been rolled out to all our Managers, has been extremely well received and has provided practical and helpful advice in tackling, managing and reducing stress in the workplace.”
“The stress reducing techniques were very helpful and I heard of numerous examples where this information was also shared at home with families.”