Understand how our reactions to people & situations affect our relationships & create more effective responses
to the people we work with
A workplace full of distractions is becoming the norm for many of us in the current climate, and the ability to step back and focus on what is most important is an invaluable skill.
Research has shown that training in mindfulness can help with maintaining attention, and over time, meditation practice can improve the capacity to disengage from mind wandering.
Being able to focus the attention for more extended periods is linked to feelings of happiness as well as improvements in fluid intelligence and the ability to think outside the box.
Mindful Relationships in the Workplace
Mindfulness is the ability to recognise our current experience and how our thoughts, feelings and emotions can affect our relationships with others.
By learning to understand how our habitual tendencies to react to situations and other people affect our relationships, we can begin to create new and more effective responses to the people we work with. Connecting and communicating better with colleagues helps build more productive relationships in the workplace, as well as being happier working with each other.
On this short course, you will:
- explore what mindfulness is
- learn how to practise mindfulness techniques
to help nurture and build business relationships
- understand how quality of attention links with quality of relationships
- recognise how our attitude towards others can affect how they respond to us
- appreciate how practising mindfulness can manage difficult relationships
- achieve a greater capacity for tolerance within the workplace
- improve working relationships through a higher degree of self-awareness
Who should attend?
The Mindful Relationships in the Workplace course is suitable for anyone who would benefit from improved relationships at work.
Trainer: Karen Barr
Following many years at a senior level in the ICT sector working for global organisations, Karen, through her passion for personal growth and organisational transformation, changed career to become a certified trainer and executive coach. Karen’s main areas of training are Stress Management and Mindfulness.
Karen has worked with a variety of organisations, in both the public and private sectors and has experienced first-hand how personal development training can change the culture of an organisation by promoting wellbeing in individuals, allowing them to reduce stress, increase resilience, improve focus and develop stronger interpersonal relationships.
Karen also delivers courses in Leadership, Presentation Skills, Negotiation Skills, Assertiveness Training, Selling Skills and Business Processes. She is an Associate Lecturer at Napier University, an NXD of Advocard, an Edinburgh charity that provides advocacy services for people with mental ill-health, and is current Members Secretary of the Edinburgh Businesswomen’s Club.
- MSc Mindfulness
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Accredited Coach
- Accredited Trainer
- NLP Practitioner
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy
Delegate feedback after attending Karen's mindfulness training:
“We all thoroughly enjoyed it and have been speaking about it since we came back to work! We each got so much from the course, and it affected us all differently. It was a total success.”
“Karen Barr was fantastic, you can see that she enjoys what she does and is very knowledgeable in her field. Karen made the day enjoyable, made everyone participate, comfortably.
For over 20 years In Equilibrium have been delivering cutting edge training and consultancy to organisations throughout the UK. We specialise in practical, evidence-based training aimed at developing resilience, minimising the risk of stress and enhancing well-being in the workplace. Both our in-house and open courses are delivered by experienced trainers who are subject experts within their field and deliver their training with enthusiasm and sensitivity, a combination delegate feedback confirms is appreciated.
Contact us on 01383 324 122 or email us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
By booking an event with In Equilibrium you accept our Booking Terms and Conditions
- Payment Options Fees are subject to VAT where applicable, which applies to all delegates attending UK courses. Course fees must be paid in full at the time of booking. Courses will be charged at the price shown on the website at the time of booking. We reserve the right to change course fees without notice.
- Substitute delegates You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge at any time, just let us know.
- Cancellations If you cancel 7 or more days before the event, we will provide a full refund of the training course fee, which excludes the Eventbrite booking fee, as this is non-refundable. No refunds are available for cancellations made less than 7 days before the event, or for no-shows. Cancellation charges apply for all cancellations including those due to illness. Cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
- Changes to Services In the event of the course not going ahead for any reason, In Equilibrium will inform you as soon as possible and we will refund you immediately on cancellation. In Equilibrium will not be responsible for any consequential loss of expense incurred by the candidates.
- Joining Instructions Once your booking has been confirmed we will be in touch with specific joining instructions for the training course.
- For full terms and conditions please see terms and conditions page at https://www.in-equilibrium.co.uk/terms-conditions
Recent articles on our blog....
For this year’s National Grief Awareness Week (2 – 8 December) we have reviewed and updated the section on grief within our mental health resources and consider why we may avoid conversations about grief at work.Read More →
We offer 5 tips for helping to develop healthy interactions at work in order to increase wellbeing and avoid co-rumination.Read More →
Our purpose is to provide training and consultancy services to enhance resilience, health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Differentiation is one of the most strategic and tactical activities in which companies most constantly engage
It's natural to have questions about training and how it fits with your organisation. Our FAQs can help you find out more.
View case studies for some of the in-house training courses we have delivered to different types of organisations across the UK.